The following are some ideas for bachelor/masters projects in the group. The list is not exclusive – if you have any other ideas you’d like to explore please get in touch!
- Comparative demography in mammals and birds (or other taxonomic groups) – how have patterns of reproduction and survival evolved?
- Can caloric restriction (eating less!) extend life span?
- Are domestic cats a conservation problem in Denmark?
- The population biology of invasive species.
- Sex differences in mortality and lifespan. Why do females live longer?
- Using mesocosm experiments on mites to study population dynamics.
- Age-related declines in athletic performance in humans – older athletes perform less well than younger ones, but athletes in some sports do better than in others. Why?
- Population biology of parasitic plants – parasites “cheat” by stealing resources; how does this affect their demography?